Archive for category FWF
This morning since we did not have PT I decided to get some work done. After a bit of cleaning up I made a GPS Shelf that attaches to the firewall as well as the motor mount. The Skyview GPS is positioned to allow another Antenna to be added at a later date.
The new fuel line came today so it went on, It seems to be just a hair too long but by turning the 90 degree adapter about 30 degrees to the rear it fits perfect. A little RTV and some spit will hold the line nicely on the mount.
So the fuel transducer will be mounted between the aux fuel pump and the mechanical fuel pump on the inside of the fuselage. There are positives and negatives to mounting it here, the big negative is you will get a slightly higher fuel flow reading when the aux pump is on, however since it is not on very often it will not be a big deal to me. The Pros: MUCH MUCH cleaner install and no need to wrap the whole cube in firesleeve.
DO NOT USE THIS METHOD!!!!
This was the first attempt at where to locate the fuel transducer, unfortunately it was a costly one, about $200 costly. It will not work since the ends of the fuel line are connected to the engine that is on rubber mounts and vibrates and the cube is mounted to the motor mount, a fixed object. AGAIN DO NOT USE THIS METHOD TO MOUNT THE RED CUBE.
Trimmed the center tunnel to allow clearance of the wires and the throttle cable.
I began running wires forward of the spar so I figured I should get the fuel lines put in before too much got in the way. a few holes had to enlarged with the unibit to allow the fittings to pass through. I have decided to put the fuel transducer forward of both fuel pumps so the line from the fuel pump to the firewall could be run as well.
I had have alot of reservations about getting the throttle and mixture cables set to the right lengths while still achieving full movement of the quadrant. I figured the best way to achieve this was to measure the distance the arms move on the throttle body itself and then drill the holes in the quadrant levers to get the same measurement. The throttle lever was very close at 2.25 inches and the mixture lever needed a new hole drilled since it was closer to 1.75 inches of travel. A new bracket that holds the cables inside the carbon had to be made since the original one was about an inch to close to the levers themselves. After all this was done i threw it all back together and Wallah it was right on the money. I will take a video of the travel of the arms tomorrow.
The new brackets came today so i threw them in and put the new cables on, now i just have to work on getting them connected to the throttle quadrant.
I cut the first retaining strap a little short about 2 months ago and just never got around to making the new one. Until now.
Since the brackets and door were dry all that had to happen was to install them. I routed the cable through the hole in the firewall and then to 2 adel clamps, one on the baffles and the other on the cylinder head cover. The actuation of the arm is just what it needs to be, however it will not retract so once its pulled it open, there’s no closing it unless your on the ground. Hopefully I never have to worry about that.